Position: Data Operations Engineer
About Our Organization
Vermantia is a leader in omni-channel content solutions for lotteries, gaming, and betting operators worldwide. The company constitutes a one-stop-shop for bespoke data and picture content featuring thousands of live events a year. This includes premium quality horse and greyhound racing from the United Kingdom, United States, Australia, and South Africa, which is complemented by the most comprehensive portfolio of virtual sports on the market! Gathered on our unique CONNECT platform and distributed at ultra-low latency, this content provides engaging betting opportunities to customers who also benefit from the cashless convenience of our modern FLAVOR SSBTs and V-POS self-service betting solution.
If you are interested in being at the heart of this effort, this is your opportunity!
We would like to bring to our team a Data Operations Engineer to meet our current needs by working on global scale projects and using the latest technologies. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. This is a full-time position based in Pefki, Athens.
- Owning and investigating a wide variety of issues at both application and database level
- Day to day monitoring of the system, application and service alerts and provide 2nd level support
- Respond to alerts by verifying, determining the cause and resolving or escalating as necessary
- Serve as a liaison between various support groups during system outages, and work with third-party vendors or service providers to remediate outage issues
- Demonstrate hands-on experience of relational databases, application services and web services
- Perform QA testing in our new design applications and services
- Respond to client queries regarding our data product
- Previous professional experience as a Technical Support Engineer (1-2 years preferably)
- BS degree in IT/Computer science or similar relevant field
- Good knowledge of RDBMS (PostgreSQL)
- Familiar with XML/JSON.
- Solid monitoring and analytical skills
- Passion for learning new technologies and eagerness to collaborate with others
- Ability to handle multiple clients, multiple team members and priorities with confidence
- Fluency in Greek and English language (both written and oral)
- Excellent written skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Completed military obligations (for male candidates)
Will count as a plus
- Familiarity with windows services
- Experience with the betting industry
- Experience with C# .NET
- Self-motivated and adaptive character
- Team-player (but act independently when needed)
- Positive attitude
- Innovative thinking
- Opportunity to work in a young, motivating and challenging environment with the latest tech-stack
- Competitive compensation package according to professional experience
- Private Health Insurance package
- Flexible schedule and possibility of teleworking
- Exceptional opportunities to learn and develop in a cutting-edge tech company with an international customer base and operations
- Prospects of professional growth
- Excellent working environment
- Ongoing training
If you’re ready for a career shift to impactful work, we would like to hear from you!
As an Employer, Vermantia is committed to Equal Employment opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We strongly believe our success depends on our people!